Google Chrome OS a new operating system built around Google Chrome. It is still a beta version based on Linux and note that it is free and.
The download is at this address (ISO file):
Chrome OS is a brand new free operating system built around the revolutionary Google Chrome browser.
The project aim is to provide a lightweight Linux distribution for the best web browsing experience.
* Unzip the ISO file to burn to a CD-ROM/DVD.
* Restart the computer (in the BIOS change boot sequence to DVD/CD rom).
* From there Google Chrome OS setup will be launched
o Choose your language by pressing F2
o Then Google launches the OS
* Click on Live Installer if you want to install desktop on your Hard Disk
o The password is: root
o Simply follow the instructions
* You must save the passwords for the following:
o User password: user
o Root password: root
Note that: Google Chrome does not work in Live CD mode, for time being, you must install on the hard disk.
Featured software in Chrome OS:
* GNOME 2.24 desktop environment
* Google Chrome 4.0.220 web browser
* OpenOffice.org 3.0 office suite
* GIMP 2.6 image editor
* Flash Player 10.0 plugin
* and much more!
System requirements of Chrome OS:
* Processor: Intel Pentium, Xeon or newer; AMD Duron, Athlon, Sempron, Opteron or newer
* RAM: min. 256 MB
* Hard disk: min. 1 GB
* Graphics card: supports most modern graphics cards